An auto accident lawyer represents many auto accident victims every year and will know what it takes to make sure their clients get fair compensation from personal injury insurance companies. If you have been injured in an auto accident, there are certain steps you can take which will make it easier for your personal injury attorney to get you the maximum settlement to which you are entitled.
The most important thing you can do is to keep track of your car accident documentation for your car accident injury lawyer. This will protect your rights by making it possible for your auto accident attorney to prove your personal injury claim later in court, if necessary.
- TAKE PICTURES. Take pictures of your personal injury and everything related to it. This will provide important evidence which your personal injury attorney can use to prove your claim.
- LOST WAGES. Keep a record of all the times you were unable to work because of your personal injury for your automobile crash attorney.
- KEEP A JOURNAL. Keep a record of all your complaints and how your injuries from your accident progress.
- DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS. Keep all appointments with your doctor. See him/her as often as necessary for treatment of your injuries caused by your personal injury in Utah.
- MEDICAL BILLS. Keep a copy of all your medical bills and related expenses (such as prescriptions) for your auto accident attorney.
- WITNESSES. Make sure you have the name, address, and phone number of any witnesses to your accident and share them with your car accident lawyer.
- CAR REPAIR. Don’t have your car fixed until you are sure you have pictures of it, as your automobile crash attorney will need them.
- DON’T TALK TO AN ADJUSTER. Your car accident lawyer will want you to be very clear on this important issue! You should not talk to anyone from an insurance company about your injuries. Only speak to your automobile crash attorney and staff concerning your personal injury in Utah. Your car accident lawyer will be gathering information to make sure you have the best outcome possible. Your insurance company will be working to give you a lower settlement or avoid paying altogether. If you are represented by an auto accident lawyer, you can refer all calls to him or her.